(Source: Iowa HHS website)
During the COVID-19 public health emergency, Iowa Medicaid was required to keep continuous healthcare coverage for all members and expand benefits. As the public health emergency draws to an end (slated to end on May 11, 2023), and the continuous coverage unwind begins, it is important to keep in contact with the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) in order to receive important information for next steps. A few key reminders:
- Update your contact information (report any changes to HHS customer service at 877-347-5678)
- Pay attention to your mail and other HHS communications (keep your mailing address updated)
- Complete renewal form and respond to requests for information
- Visit the HHS website for updates (https://hhs.iowa.gov/ime/unwind). Most libraries can provide internet accessibility if you do not have access at home.
- Beware of scams.Iowa Medicaid will never ask you for money!
Iowa Medicaid members will go through a redetermination process during the 12-month unwinding period to determine if they are still eligible for any Medicaid program(s). Best practice is to keep your information up to date.